Skip to main content

Friday Favorites

I almost forgot about our Friday Favorites post this week. I have been really busy I guess. I honestly have no idea what happened. We had Kenzie's birthday on Wednesday and I guess all the hype over that threw me off a bit. I wish I remembered more often through the week. Part of the reason I decided to start doing these posts weekly is to try to make myself take more pictures of Kenzie and our randomness through the week. I was looking back at old photos and I organize everything by month. When Kenzie was first born, I was so much better at documenting life than I am now that I chase around a toddler all day long. I want to get back in to the swing of things of pulling out my camera, whether it is my Rebel, my point and shoot, or just my iPhone and taking a picture of something we are doing that is fun or just something I want to have a visual reminder of one day.

This week we had quite a few rainstorms. Nothing new. It's Central Florida. Kenzie had her first puddle experience though and she LOVED it. She just stood there stomping in the puddle and laughing hysterically at the water "jumping" up to get her. Seeing things like that through her eyes is such an amazing experience.


Speaking of Kenzie, her favorite toy from her birthday so far seems to be her "doctor bag". The kid is obsessed with taking blood pressure, giving shots, checking ears, checking hearts, and everything else she can come up with. Poor Jack was even caught the other day for a heart check. Maybe we have a budding medical professional in our midst.


Each month we set aside a budget to buy certain things for Will. These are the smaller things like clothes and blankets. Our bigger things are obviously budgeted another way. I figure that we have enough clothes for now. We have no idea how big he will be so I don't want to buy too much too soon so I can make sure we are matching the correct season to size. So, this month I bought my favorite, favorite blankets. Kenzie has a few sets of these but they are all pink so we figured Will needed his own style. They are so soft and light. There are actually even softer, lighter bamboo ones. Kenzie has a set of those too that were a gift and were what initially turned me on to this brand, but they are more expensive and harder to find so we are sticking with the muslin ones. I LOVE these. They are so versatile. They can be used as swaddles, on a floor if you are in a place you don't want your baby directly on the floor of (like maybe a hotel room), as a nursing cover (and that is so great in Florida where it is so hot and most real nursing covers are thicker and make baby too hot... that is all reliant on your kiddo accepting being covered), to cover a car seat when you take a baby into a place and there are likely to be people that want to touch him or her, whatever. They are just awesome. I highly recommend this brand to any new parents.


Pool days that aren't crowded. As summer break nears to an end, the pool is seemingly more and more crowded each day. Sometimes though we get days where there are just one or two other people in the pool when we are there. I love those days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

That's a Wrap on Summer Swimming Lessons

And with today's lesson, the kids have both officially finished swimming lessons for the summer. Will has actually been done for a while as he finished his 10 lessons prior to the break we took so the instructor could go on vacation. You can read about him HERE if you haven't yet and would like to. Today though, wrapped up Kenzie's 20th and final lesson of the summer. I wasn't going to recap her lessons this year, but I am so very proud of her and I just couldn't resist. Mainly so I could get some cute pictures and videos in there showing her amazing progress. Back at the beginning of the summer, Steven and I thought long and hard about how we wanted to go about lessons for Kenzie this year. Last year she did... okay. Just okay. She made a lot of progress, but we weren't sure about how she was going to do this year due to how much she cried last year. She didn't cry the entire time, but it was a lot and we wondered if it was too much for her to do...