Skip to main content

30 Weeks Pregnant with Will


Baby’s Size: Cabbage
How far along: 30 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 pounds according to my scale at home… 16 at the doctor’s office. Either way, sitting around that point. Doc said weight is still looking good. =)
Sleep:  Not that great lately. I have been really, really congested. Not sure if it is a cold that just won’t go away, allergies, or just congestion as a pregnancy symptom. I was pretty congested with Kenzie as well so it could just be that. Regardless, it makes sleep hard to come by. I am also going to the bathroom about 8-10 times a night (no joke…) so I am up and down A LOT! I think I am up every hour at least.  
Maternity Clothes: Yep… except those few non-maternity items I am wearing the heck out of. =)   
Food cravings: I got my fried pickles! Thanks, Momma! They were so yummy! Not craving too much at the moment. That can all change in an instant though.
Symptoms I HAVE: Is it even worth mentioning the heartburn anymore? It is just a fact of life at this point. I am also getting to that point where every afternoon I am exhausted. I wish I was a napping sort of person. I just always have other things to do that keep me from actually getting a nap. Some Braxton Hicks. I had a pretty intense one the other day. It was by far the most noticeable one I have had so far. I never had them with Kenzie so it is a new experience. 
Stretchmarks:  No new ones still.  Just those old ones darkening more and more.  
Doctor’s Appointment:  Yesterday. BP is still looking good. Will is head down (for now) but floating really high still. His heartbeat was 156 so that is good too. Weight looks good. Everything overall is still good. Doc was happy. We are still shooting for a VBAC but we will schedule my c-section at my next appointment. You can’t schedule more than a month out but we want a date scheduled the week after my due date just in case Will decides he is too comfy to come out before. The chance of uterine rupture increases for me as I get more and more overdue so we are going to go ahead and schedule, just in case. Doc said he would rather schedule and cancel than not have it. We are definitely still on the same page though about attempting that VBAC. Come on, Will! Make sure you come out right around your due date!!!
Movement:  Yep. I can now confirm that it is a foot that keeps making its way in to my ribcage. Seriously. This kid is intent on putting his foot right up under my ribs. Irritating. He is still hanging out on my left too. He seems to like it there. Just so long as he remains head down or at least is there around 36-37 weeks, I am a happy camper. He can move all he wants… just stay head down!       
Belly Button (In or Out): In but Steven was looking last night and noticed that it is getting closer to being flatter. Maybe it will pop this time…
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Boy!  
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy 
Best moment of the week: Starting Will’s room. We have the first color of paint on and it is finally starting to seem a bit more real that he will be here in 10 weeks or so.
What I’m looking forward to: Finishing the paint in Will’s room. Then we can start looking at cribs and get a move on getting his room fully decorated.

What I miss: Not a lot right now other than uninterrupted sleep.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...