Skip to main content

Friday Favorites

This past weekend college football returned! While we weren't exactly happy with the outcome of the UCF vs Penn State game from Ireland, it was still fun to cheer on our Knights with some of our fellow Knight friends. Kenzie had a blast. Maybe just because there were other people around to play with her but I also think she liked getting excited about UCF touchdowns. She loved wearing her UCF shirt and has since taken to chanting U-C-F at times.

I would also like to point out that Kenzie is using her
brother as a chair.... poor little guy. He has no idea
what he is in for.
Speaking of using Will as a chair... I have started to use him as a table. I promise to stop when he is born. =)


These are some of my favorite moments with Kenzie. Just sitting and chatting while she colors. Sometimes she even lets me help color some. Usually she just moves my hand out of the way though and colors over whatever I was trying to color.


I have pulled out the book I was given at my lamaze class with Kenzie. Guess it's time to start brushing up on some of that info again. I never was able to use most of it last time due to how Kenzie came into this world. Hoping to get to use it this time.


I really don't have any reason to put this picture in here other than just that this is my favorite girl ever. Seriously, though... how adorable is she?!? She was watching TV while I got dressed yesterday morning. She was so serious about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

That's a Wrap on Summer Swimming Lessons

And with today's lesson, the kids have both officially finished swimming lessons for the summer. Will has actually been done for a while as he finished his 10 lessons prior to the break we took so the instructor could go on vacation. You can read about him HERE if you haven't yet and would like to. Today though, wrapped up Kenzie's 20th and final lesson of the summer. I wasn't going to recap her lessons this year, but I am so very proud of her and I just couldn't resist. Mainly so I could get some cute pictures and videos in there showing her amazing progress. Back at the beginning of the summer, Steven and I thought long and hard about how we wanted to go about lessons for Kenzie this year. Last year she did... okay. Just okay. She made a lot of progress, but we weren't sure about how she was going to do this year due to how much she cried last year. She didn't cry the entire time, but it was a lot and we wondered if it was too much for her to do...