Skip to main content

Friday Favorites

This has been a bit of a trying week. We have had a ton going on (and a lot of last minute changes to all those plans) and I am dealing with some annoying issues getting our mailbox replaced... but that's another story. I'm actually really ready for this week to end. We did have some good times too, though and those are important to remember.

Saturday started off with cheering on the Knights. I think we don't even have to discuss how that game turned out... but it wasn't pretty. I'm still a Knights fan though and we will still continue to represent wearing our black and gold.


I also started working on the tutu for Kenzie's Halloween costume this weekend. Grandma is working on helping me make an apron to go over it and Kenzie is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. It was my favorite movie growing up (and still is). I can't wait for the day I can show it to her. I know she may not be quite as intrigued as I was, but it will still be something special for me to share with her. Now, to find a cute enough way to dress up Will as Toto and we are set!


I love these two. We went on a walk Saturday evening after dinner and decided to let Kenzie ride in her car. Well, on the way back it lost a wheel. That keeps happening for some reason. So, Kenzie got an impromptu mechanics lesson from Daddy on the way home. She was so in to helping him fix the car. It was very adorable. The did fix the car and Kenzie was able to finish her driving lesson.


Kenzie's new obsession is using the baskets at Winn Dixie. I have to argue with her if there is too much for us to buy that it won't fit in the cart. She gets so excited. She also loves to put the items on the belt... now if I could just get her to get a job so she can pay. Haha!


Kenzie is definitely my daughter. If you ever can't find her right under your feet in the house... check her room. She is likely in there reading away. I can't even get her to come out of there most of the time. She usually asks for me to join her and read with her. I love watching her love of reading continue to grow. I hope she never grows out of that.


Comfort food... enough said. And yes... I ate all of that for breakfast on Wednesday.


We are finally getting cool enough outside to play in the afternoons. The sweat all over my child would lead you to believe it is not cool enough, but for Florida, 85 degrees is good. She has been loving our outside time this week. I have to admit that I cheat and sit in a chair in the driveway so that I don't have to be standing. Too much standing makes my ankles swell for the remainder of the day. Pass.


What were your favorite weekly moments?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

That's a Wrap on Summer Swimming Lessons

And with today's lesson, the kids have both officially finished swimming lessons for the summer. Will has actually been done for a while as he finished his 10 lessons prior to the break we took so the instructor could go on vacation. You can read about him HERE if you haven't yet and would like to. Today though, wrapped up Kenzie's 20th and final lesson of the summer. I wasn't going to recap her lessons this year, but I am so very proud of her and I just couldn't resist. Mainly so I could get some cute pictures and videos in there showing her amazing progress. Back at the beginning of the summer, Steven and I thought long and hard about how we wanted to go about lessons for Kenzie this year. Last year she did... okay. Just okay. She made a lot of progress, but we weren't sure about how she was going to do this year due to how much she cried last year. She didn't cry the entire time, but it was a lot and we wondered if it was too much for her to do...