Skip to main content

28 Weeks Pregnant with Will


Baby’s Size: Large Eggplant (Yep, 2nd time this veggie has come around… this one is apparently just “Large”)
How far along: 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: 15 pounds. I put on another pound this week. If I continue to gain a pound a week for the remainder of this pregnancy and manage to make it to full term, I will have put on 27 pounds… exactly what I did with Kenzie when I delivered her at 37 weeks.    
Sleep:  Pretty good. I’m taking numerous trips to the bathroom at night. Nothing surprising. I’m also having some difficulty kicking whatever this sinus/allergy/cold thing is that Kenzie started with two weeks ago so it keeps me up a bit at night with congestion.
Maternity Clothes: For the most part.  
Food cravings: Nothing too much at the moment. 
Symptoms I HAVE: Heartburn city. What’s new? I’m tired but we have been busy with Kenzie’s birthday party so I have been running around like crazy. Now that we are done with that, I’m hoping things calm down and I get some energy back. Some sciatic nerve pain and numbness in my left thigh. I had that too when I weighed more as well as when I was pregnant with Kenzie. It has a name, though I don’t recall what it is right now.
Stretchmarks:  No new ones but those old ones are darkening a bit more.   
Doctor’s Appointment:  2 weeks from now. I hope to be able to ask the doc if Will seems to be head down. I know there are ways I can feel for his head when I lay down, but I’m just not adept at that. I tried to feel for him and I feel random spots that I know are him, but I cannot for the life of me tell what part of his body it is.  
Movement:  Yep. He is still having dance parties fairly frequently.      
Belly Button (In or Out): In. Momma mentioned that it seems like it is not as deep and wondered if it might pop this time. Only time will tell. 
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Boy!  
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Pretty happy. I have been having a bit of a short temper again lately and a lot of things upset me easily but I can usually get over it fairly quickly. I chalk it up to hormones.
Best moment of the week: Kenzie’s 2nd birthday party! We had a blast and she loved it.
What I’m looking forward to: Kenzie’s actual birthday on Wednesday and getting together with my parents this weekend to celebrate Joe’s weekend. We are going to go to the Orlando Science Museum. I hope Kenzie has fun.       

What I miss: Not too much at the moment. I’m pretty content with what I have. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...