Skip to main content

Pinwheels and Pink Lemonade Birthday Decor - Kenzie's 2nd Birthday

We celebrated Kenzie's second birthday this weekend. This year her theme was "Pinwheels and Pink Lemonade". I plan to continue with cutesy themes as long as I can get away with it. I figure that soon enough (next year likely) we will be moving on to Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, or some other Disney cliche type party. Trust me... I plan to make that our own too though.

Last year we had a pretty large party for her first birthday but we stayed a bit more low key this time around. My goal was to make as much of the decorations as possible. Pinterest helped out a lot in that respect. I cannot claim that I am nearly this creative on my own.

Here's a run down of some of the decor we used/made for her party this year.

Kenzie's cupcake/drink table.



All of the pinwheels you see that are not super sparkly and bright were made by yours truly. They are ridiculously easy. They do not actually spin, but that was never my intention.We started with this awesome lemonade stand. It was where I found my inspiration for most of her party planning. It was super simple to make and total only cost about $10-15. Not bad, if I do say so myself. We decided it would be a centerpiece of sorts for her "cake" table. What kind of lemonade party wouldn't include lemons? I made the letters seen here and put toothpicks on the back to stick them in to the lemons. I just used a picture I found online of lemons and added the wording in Word before putting this printout into a frame we already owned. Super easy, super cost efficient, and it gives the table a little something extra.


I also used an old bucket/vase thing I had, added decorations and filled it with lemons (okay... I cheated. The bottom is actually old bead type things to allow me to add fewer lemons). I worked on this chalkboard just a few days before her party. I just thought it would be fun to have something that tells a bit about Kenzie on this special day. Who she is.



Her cupcakes were also made by me (with frosting help from Nana because I am a terrible cupcake froster). These are actually just pink vanilla cupcakes and yellow vanilla frosting. I used cardboard straws and cut them down to add to the top to give the illusion of a lemonade drink.


Kenzie's food table.


These paper pom poms are my go to decoration. You will see them at almost every party we have. They are just too easy to not make at least a couple.


While we didn't actually have any food that likely warranted using forks or knives, I couldn't help myself. I bought this cute yellow tin and wrapped a fork and knife with a napkin. Then I used strips of scrapbook paper to secure them.


Kenzie's favors.


I'm not huge in to gift bag type favors. They often have little things in them that Kenzie will put in her mouth so I try to stay away from them to a point. I don't mind getting them, but they just aren't on the top of my list for what I would like to send people home with. I also think that the favor route is going away, but when I found this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it. We already had this tin bucket. I bought cone shaped bags, lemonade mix, and marshmallows, filled each bag with a specific amount of lemonade mix, added some marshmallows and secured them. Then I made tags that basically say thank you on the front. On the back I wrote how much water to add to make lemonade so that people can make their own lemonade at home. Easy enough. =)


That's basically it for our decor. This party was really easy to put together but I love all the personal touches we were able to throw in. I hope we can continue to make her parties memorable as she gets old enough to actually remember them. Haha!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...