Skip to main content

24 Weeks Pregnant with Will


Baby’s Size: Ear of Corn (He is approximately 12 inches long…. And based on how he moves in there, I would believe it)
How far along: 24 Weeks (Viability Day! Will would have approximately 50% of survival if he were born today.)
Total weight gain: 11 lbs. I gained 2 lbs this week. I guess I am starting to make up for all those weeks of no gaining. I’m still on track to gain no more than 30 total by 40 weeks.   
Sleep:  Pretty good lately. I’ve been so tired that very little is keeping me up. Kenzie is running me ragged and it is so hot outside that I get worn out easily spending time out there. She loves it though. I guess the plus is that I end up so tired that the sciatic nerve pain and heartburn don’t bother me as much at night.   
Maternity Clothes: Of course. 
Food cravings: Hmmm… I could honestly go for a tomato mozzarella panini and tomato basil soup from Panera. Heartburn city… I craved it with Kenzie and I am craving it again now with Will. I know it would hurt… but it would taste so awesome!!
Symptoms I HAVE: Freaking heartburn. It just gets worse. It is way worse at night and if I lay down. Of course. Not fun. I have also been having some back pain, but it is high and not where you would expect for being pregnant. I tend to get back pain there anyway usually from lifting things or twisting funny. It is just exaggerated right now because I can only move certain ways and lift certain things. Unfortunately the need to lift an almost 2 year old doesn’t stop just because you are pregnant.     
Stretchmarks:  Those old ones are still red, but not new ones. 
Doctor’s Appointment:  2 more weeks. I’m ready to know what his heartbeat is and get that terrible GD test out of the way.
Movement:  He is out of control in there. I will feel him on one side of my belly one minute and a second later he is beating on the other side. I have also felt hiccups from him now. I looked back and this is about the same time I first felt them with Kenzie. She had hiccups ALL THE TIME and even had them frequently after birth. I don’t know if he will be the same. What was super annoying though is that I am fairly certain my children have already learned to conspire against me. First, Kenzie woke up and wanted to be rocked. So… I did. I only have a little amount of time left for this. Then, I laid back down and BAM! Will had hiccups for the next 10-15 minutes so I couldn’t go back to sleep anyway. I’m sure Kenzie woke him up or something and that is what caused him to have it, but the coincidence was just annoying. Crazy kids.     
Belly Button (In or Out): In.
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Boy!  
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Definitely moody. I’m happy but my patience wears thin easily and I have been snappy.   
Best moment of the week: Beach Day! It was awesome and fun and I can’t wait to do it again. Oh, and getting Kenzie’s birthday party decorations started. I am so excited for her party this year and I have been making even more decorations than I did last year. Partially because it is more cost effective but mainly because I want it to have that personal touch.    
What I’m looking forward to: This is the start of our busy July. My 30th birthday is tomorrow, 6 days later is our 8 year anniversary, 9 days after that is Steven’s birthday, and 2 weeks after that is Kenzie’s birthday. I’m so excited for all of it… expect maybe that whole turning 30 part.    

What I miss: Not having heartburn.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...