Skip to main content

Love for Daddy

Dads are amazing people. They are these men that love their children unconditionally. They do everything necessary to make sure their family has what they need (and as much of what they want as possible.) They make sacrifices to do that. Yet, they don't get nearly enough credit a lot of the time. I have three dads in my life that deserve so much more credit than they ever seem to get.

My husband is the most amazing Daddy I know. Watching him become a dad has been one of the best times of my life. I didn't know that dads could be as amazing as him until I got to see him in action. I will never remember the first night in the hospital with Kenzie. After a c-section, I wasn't allowed to get up. He took the reigns. He changed diapers, got up anytime Kenzie cried to hand her to me to nurse her (and then fell asleep standing up while waiting to put her back in the bassinet. Haha!!), and was right there every step of the way. He ended up being better at swaddling than me. Now, that man hangs the moon in Kenzie's life. Will came along a little over 2 years later and I got to watch Steven grow even more. He is now the most amazing girl Daddy and boy Daddy. He loves them both so much and it is easy to see that they are his favorite people in the world. I love watching them together. Whenever Steven comes home from work, the kids immediately run to meet him and yell "Daddy" with gleeful squeals. They just want to be picked up and loved on. He happily obliges. It makes my day to watch this exchange almost daily. Steven works so hard to make sure that we are all comfortable and happy. I don't think I thank him enough. I can't imagine being on this wild parenting ride with anyone else. I wouldn't want to. And I wouldn't want our children to have anyone else as a Daddy. 



Another Dad that means the world to me is the man that stepped up when he didn't have to. Joe came into my life many years ago. I remember very clearly the day he proposed to my mom and I threw a massive hissy fit. That was certainly becoming of an 18-year-old college student, I'm sure. He stuck with us through my temper tantrum though and I'm so glad he did. Sometimes you have to try and try again to get it right and my mom did just that. Joe is a blessing to us. Yeah, he can be a bit much at times. Haha! The man is sarcastic and crude, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I will always remember him walking me down the aisle at my wedding and then promptly asking for his cell phone back at the end of the aisle before giving me away because being married meant he didn't have to pay for me anymore. That's Joe. That's my dad. 



Last, but certainly not least, there is a man that must have been the greatest example because his son is the best dad I know. My father-in-law, Dad Y, taught my amazing husband everything he knows about being a dad. He led by example and he did an amazing job. He also worked very hard to make sure his family was well taken care of. He continues to be an amazing dad and he is an amazing Grandaddy, as well. I am so thankful for him and everything he has done and continues to do for our little family. 



We are so lucky. Dads don't get the credit they deserve and Mother's Day often overshadows Father's Day, but that isn't fair. These dads do so much for their families and it's about time we celebrate them as much as we celebrate mothers. We love you Daddy, Papa, and Grandaddy! Thank you for being you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...