Skip to main content

Friday Favorites

Everyone is just going to have to deal with me for a few weeks. One, I am super excited that we are now a family of four, and two... I don't get out a whole lot right now. Therefore, my Friday Favorites posts are very likely to revolve around nothing more than these two little kids that are occupying all of my time.

Morning snuggle time has always been one of my favorite times of the day/week. On weekends we get lucky enough to have Daddy around to snuggle as well. Right now we even have Sunday snuggles since we are still sitting out of church for a little bit longer.



I am loving watching their relationship blossom. Kenzie is in love with her little brother. She wants to hold him, rock him, and love on him all day long. She can't go to bed at night without getting a hug and kiss from Will. The first thing she does every morning is run through the house to find him (usually in his pack n play still) to say good morning. I can't help but smile watching the two of them together.



Baby expressions are the best... especially when you catch them on camera. Whether a gassy smile, a yawn, or crazy eyes... I LOVE when I catch a funny (or adorable) face on camera.



I wish I could say I was loving "2"... but I'm not. Kenzie is seriously pushing my buttons lately. It's partially her being 2 and partially her trying to make sure of her role in our newly changed family. Despite that... I love this kid. We have some trying moments... but we have more good ones that I want to remember and cherish for a long, long time. She loves to have me take pictures of her and she will do something funny and ask me to take her picture. I, happily, oblige most of the time. Such a ham, this kid.



Finally, my amazing Momma ordered me a new carrier this week. I am super obsessed with my Beco Gemini and cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone that is into babywearing. I can see myself using this much more often than I used my carrier with Kenzie. This is super comfortable and with having an iffy back sometimes, I can firmly say that this one is way better on your back. Will is pushing 10 or 11 pounds at this point and it is like carrying nothing. I was using my old carrier up until this one got here this week and my back would start hurting after about 10 minutes. Now, I can wear him for extended periods of time... and no pain. Awesome! (It's a strange picture... but it is the only one I have. I was actually taking it to send to my friend to make sure it looked like I had it all set up right.)


What were your favorite moments of the week??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...