Skip to main content

Goodbye 2014!

I can't believe this is the last day of 2014. It seems like January 1, 2014 was so very long ago and yet just yesterday. So much has happened this year in our family and I think it has likely been our best year yet.


In January (early February) we found out that we were going to be having Baby Young #2! We held off on announcing that secret until March, but I remember the day we found out very well. I also remember that terrible morning sickness all too well.


We took our annual cruise with Ryan and Jen again this year in April. Again, I was pregnant so I could have stood in as the designated sailor if the captain wanted to have a few libations. =) It was still a ton of fun though and I can't wait to do it again this year. Maybe we can even add a few more friends this year.







In late May we had our Team Pink vs Team Blue gender reveal party and found out that Team Blue was going home with the trophy! We were over the moon excited that we would be adding Baby BOY Young to our brood.



In July, we celebrated the big 3-0 for me and 3-2 (it doesn't have the same ring to it) for Steven. We also rang in our 8th year of marriage. The highlight of our month though was celebrating TWO with Kenzie. Our little girl is getting so big, so quickly. I can't believe that just over two years ago we were bringing her home from the hospital, both of us terrified but so excited to be parents. Now, she is this lively, chatty, precocious 2-year-old with a heart of gold and a personality the size of Texas. Watching her continue to grow and learn this year has been quite a highlight.


Also in July we had our very first Annual Cousins' Vacation with Aunt Juju, Uncle Eric, and Baby Evie (poor girl is going to be known as "Baby" Evie her entire life, I'm afraid.) We had a blast in Palm Beach and are so excited for our 2nd Annual Vacation this year.



Our next few months were fairly low key as we waited for Will's arrival. Then, on October 14, my water broke. At 6:04pm we met our Little Man, William Bryant Young. He was born with a fine set of lungs and a head full of hair. He is our miracle baby. I was shooting for that VBAC but just wasn't favorable. So, he was delivered via c-section... with his cord wrapped around his neck FOUR times. He has made our lives so much more more exciting and Kenzie is the best big sister. They obviously adore each other already and we can't wait to watch them (and their sibling relationship) continue to grow over the years.




As we close out 2014, we are so happy and excited to welcome 2015. We can't wait to see what the new year brings to us and our family. I can't believe all that has happened this year. We have had our ups and downs, but our ups have definitely taken the cake.

We hope you all have a very happy and healthy new year! Happy New Year 2015!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

20 Weeks Pregnant... with WILL (Baby #2)

Baby’s Size: Banana (about 10 inches from head to heel… measurements change this week from being “head to rump” and will switch to “head to heel”… hence the seemingly massive difference between a Mango and a banana) How far along:  20 Weeks Total weight gain: Eh. I don’t want to talk about it. I can’t lie though.  I've  told myself I will remain completely honest with all this. 7 lbs. That’s right. I gained around 2.5 or so pounds this week. Not really within my 1 pound a week idea. However, this is what I think happened/will happen. I was super stressed about the gender reveal this last weekend. Unnecessary… but I was. When I get stressed, I eat. To top it off, what we had in the house was not good for you because it was “tailgate” party food. Then, because we had company and the party going on we didn’t get out to walk or exercise in any way. I am still actually sitting right smack dab in the middle of where I should be weight gain wise this far in to th...

Our Littlest Fish

It's official! Will has finished year 1 of his swimming lessons! It's sort of funny to me that it is the second week of June and we are already done with lessons for one of the kids. Gotta love living in Florida. =) (Aside: Kenzie will finish out this week and then have a few more lessons in mid-July. Our swim teacher is taking about a month off to celebrate some big birthdays with her family so we will resume Kenzie's lessons when she returns.) Anyway, Will is now officially a graduate of his first year of Red Cross Lessons. He only did the 10 this year that our amazing swim teacher gifted to him but I am so grateful that she did that. He did so well. We initially were holding off not only for monetary reasons but also because we were worried about how he would take to it. Will is overly attached to me (but not as bad as it was a few months ago) but we also had visions of Kenzie last year not always enjoying it. Watching Sissy's Lesson and waiting for Will's ...