Skip to main content

18 Weeks Pregnant with Baby #2



Baby’s Size: Sweet Potato
How far along: 18 Weeks
Total weight gain: I think I finally, officially, picked up that 4th pound. It doesn’t seem to be going up and down as much as it was a week ago so I am calling it… 4 lbs.   
Sleep: Eh. That sciatic nerve pain is driving me crazy when I lay on my left side. Also, Kenzie is still having off nights. Every other night or so we have an issue. They usually don’t last long but this pregnant lady needs her sleep! =)
Maternity Clothes: Of course. 
Food cravings: Hummus. Specifically Publix brand garlic hummus. I love the stuff regularly but didn’t really feel like eating it much… until about 3 days ago. I don’t know what came over me but I had to have hummus. I held in the urge though. Until today. I had to go to the store to get peanut butter and as soon as I walked in… I just went straight for the hummus. I am really particular to that specific brand and flavor though and it is sometimes hard to find. I almost had an all out crying fit when I initially didn’t see it. Lucky for me (and maybe the people in Publix) I found one container of it hiding in the back. Yum!          
Food aversions: Nothing except those breakfast burritos in the freezer.         
Symptoms I HAVE: Heartburn. Like it’s going out of style. Sciatic nerve pain when I lay on my left or stand in one place for too long. Some minor cramping like my uterus is stretching a bit more. Nothing that would concern me. I’m used to it from Kenzie and I remember having it around this time last time too. Oh, and an itchy tummy. Stretching skin, I figure.   
Stretchmarks: No new ones yet but I am having the itchy tummy issue. I am trying so hard to not scratch too much and am using my lotion pretty regularly to try to avoid scratching. 
Doctor’s Appointment:  Just a couple of weeks away.      
Movement: Yeah. It isn’t that often right now but I am getting definite movement off and on. Again, less butterfly feelings and more actual movement. 
Belly Button (In or Out): In.
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Less than 2 weeks!!! I can’t wait. 
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: I have felt pretty happy this week.
Best moment of the week: Nothing really stands out as being out of the ordinary. I guess just having a good week is a good thing. =)
What I’m looking forward to: Memorial Day weekend next weekend. We get to have Steven home for 3 days, then he works for 3 days before he is off the Friday before the party so it should be a nice easy week.  
What I miss: Nothing really. Maybe being able to sleep without ending up in pain… or being called in a very sad voice from Kenzie’s room in the middle of the night.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

20 Weeks Pregnant... with WILL (Baby #2)

Baby’s Size: Banana (about 10 inches from head to heel… measurements change this week from being “head to rump” and will switch to “head to heel”… hence the seemingly massive difference between a Mango and a banana) How far along:  20 Weeks Total weight gain: Eh. I don’t want to talk about it. I can’t lie though.  I've  told myself I will remain completely honest with all this. 7 lbs. That’s right. I gained around 2.5 or so pounds this week. Not really within my 1 pound a week idea. However, this is what I think happened/will happen. I was super stressed about the gender reveal this last weekend. Unnecessary… but I was. When I get stressed, I eat. To top it off, what we had in the house was not good for you because it was “tailgate” party food. Then, because we had company and the party going on we didn’t get out to walk or exercise in any way. I am still actually sitting right smack dab in the middle of where I should be weight gain wise this far in to th...

Our Littlest Fish

It's official! Will has finished year 1 of his swimming lessons! It's sort of funny to me that it is the second week of June and we are already done with lessons for one of the kids. Gotta love living in Florida. =) (Aside: Kenzie will finish out this week and then have a few more lessons in mid-July. Our swim teacher is taking about a month off to celebrate some big birthdays with her family so we will resume Kenzie's lessons when she returns.) Anyway, Will is now officially a graduate of his first year of Red Cross Lessons. He only did the 10 this year that our amazing swim teacher gifted to him but I am so grateful that she did that. He did so well. We initially were holding off not only for monetary reasons but also because we were worried about how he would take to it. Will is overly attached to me (but not as bad as it was a few months ago) but we also had visions of Kenzie last year not always enjoying it. Watching Sissy's Lesson and waiting for Will's ...