Skip to main content

16 Weeks Pregnant


Baby’s Size: Avocado
How far along: 16 Weeks
Total weight gain: Depends on who you ask. I was up 2 pounds at the doctor’s office. That is from where I started with them. I am taking weight gain based on each scale separately. On our scale, I am up 3 pounds. Either way, I am hanging out around 2 or 3. I found my info from when I was pregnant with Kenzie and at 16 weeks I was actually up 4 pounds so I am a bit lower this time. I did weigh about 4 pounds more though when I got pregnant this time than when I did with Kenzie.   
Sleep: Pretty good. Except for the toddler that keeps waking up at night and making me get up to comfort her. Not sure what is going on there but although it makes me more tired the next day, I relish the snuggles I get with our little girl. I know those won’t last too much longer so I take advantage now. I just wish she would go back to sleeping until 7:30 instead of waking up for the day between 6:30 and 7. Other than that, it’s good so as far as pregnancy is related, it’s still good.   
Maternity Clothes: Of course. Not going back now. I need more shorts… it’s too hot for the few pairs I have.
Food cravings: The grapes thing has calmed down some. Just as I expected. I had an intense craving for blueberry muffins this weekend. Steven was so awesome that we stopped at the store, got the ingredients and he made them from scratch. That’s right, my husband can now bake. Might be bad I learned that though… I wonder if I can request a strawberry cake (just from the box) for Mother’s Day. Hmmmm….      
Food aversions: Not a whole lot.        
Symptoms I HAVE: Some issues with nausea and getting sick but it is usually related to brushing my teeth. I gag myself apparently. I remember having that issue with Kenzie too. My sciatic nerve pain is back. Early, early this time. I didn’t have issues with Kenzie until closer to 25 weeks I think. I also used to have some issues back before I lost all the weight the year before I got pregnant with Kenzie. Then, and with Kenzie I think, it was related to weight gain. This time, I think it must just be the way my uterus is sitting in there. It is pinching that nerve some. I get the pain if I stand too long or if I lay on my left side too long. That’s not really great considering it is better to sleep on your left when pregnant. I can only do what I can do though. I lay like that as long as possible and then switch to my right side for a while.   
Stretchmarks: Still have the old one. =) I have been using cocoa butter more regularly. Not because I think that will help prevent my stretch marks but because my stomach itches like crazy and I know scratching won’t help me avoid them any.   
Doctor’s Appointment:  Today! Everything looks good. My BP is still slightly elevated from my norm but not out of the norm really for a pregnant woman. It is holding consistent since my first appointment. The baby’s heartbeat is 156. It took him a minute to find it. Apparently lotion can interfere with the Doppler and I did put it on last night. Kenzie didn’t seem too impressed with the heartbeat. I can’t wait until she can feel the baby though and maybe it will make more sense. They took more blood to test for spinal cord defects. I swear, it’s like they just want to try to take all my blood. I have the anatomy ultrasound scheduled for June 2 and 6 weeks after that I get to do the dreaded diabetes test. I HATE that thing.     
Movement: Not as much lately. I think I was having so much because the baby was just in a favorable position and it has now changed where it is hanging out. He/She has so much room in there that he/she can move all around and moved in such a way that I don’t have as much movement. Doctor was, of course, fine with that. We don’t worry about feeling movement daily until I am after 20 weeks or so.
Belly Button (In or Out): In.
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Hard at work party planning. =) We will know in less than a month! The heartbeat was significantly lower this time (but higher than 140). Wives tale says girl. I have been craving salty foods more than sweet. Wives tale says boy. I have fairly good skin. Wives tale says boy. Chinese calendar says girl. 50/50 shot at either. =) The doctor knew. He was good and didn’t tell me.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy. Though I cried yesterday when I bumped my knee. Not because it hurt… but because I was so frustrated that every time I get up from the chair at the bar that I bump that same knee. Hormones.
Best moment of the week: Finally getting to grill a full summer meal. That’s a bit weird right? Well, I was craving a hamburger that day. We had turkey burgers, grilled corn on the cob, cheesy pasta, watermelon and blueberry muffins for dessert. Yum. We have been pretty low key this week so that was a high point.
What I’m looking forward to: Mother’s Day is this weekend. We are seeing the parents and in laws for dinner on Saturday at the amazing German restaurant. I’m looking forward to celebrating with everyone.

What I miss: Wine. That seems to come up a lot in these updates. I was cleaning the buffet table in our kitchen the other day and was dusting off all the wine bottles (since they haven’t seen much use lately). Moscato, Pinot Noir, Merlot, the awesome white wine from the mountains of Tennessee… I just want to have some wine!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

Friday Favorites: Summer Bucket List Edition

This week's Friday Favorite isn't a product we love but rather our long anticipated (in our family) Summer Bucket List. This is something we have been doing for about 3 years running now. We sometimes keep a running bucket list of sorts for fall and spring too. We also always have an advent calendar of activities for the month of December. I think the summer list is my favorite though. Summer is a favorite season around this house. It means pool time, beach time, and a lot of other fun things that happen like Vacation Bible School and swimming lessons. This year we have a few new things and some oldie but goodies. Technically we have quite a bit of time until summer officially begins, but we are so excited for summer that we decided to make the list now. We also decide to start summer post Memorial Day so our activities will begin in about 6 weeks. We are super excited to have a few new things this year as well as keeping a couple of things that we didn't get around to ...

That's a Wrap on Summer Swimming Lessons

And with today's lesson, the kids have both officially finished swimming lessons for the summer. Will has actually been done for a while as he finished his 10 lessons prior to the break we took so the instructor could go on vacation. You can read about him HERE if you haven't yet and would like to. Today though, wrapped up Kenzie's 20th and final lesson of the summer. I wasn't going to recap her lessons this year, but I am so very proud of her and I just couldn't resist. Mainly so I could get some cute pictures and videos in there showing her amazing progress. Back at the beginning of the summer, Steven and I thought long and hard about how we wanted to go about lessons for Kenzie this year. Last year she did... okay. Just okay. She made a lot of progress, but we weren't sure about how she was going to do this year due to how much she cried last year. She didn't cry the entire time, but it was a lot and we wondered if it was too much for her to do...