Skip to main content

Mommy Monday

I haven't done a Friday Favorites post in quite some time. I have been so busy with life that I don't have time to do that week in and week out. Instead, I thought this week I would post about what our life looks like right now. =)

Our weather has been great lately. This is one of the major selling points for me in Florida (though I love this place regardless and wouldn't consider going anywhere else). That means that we get plenty of time outside. It's always worth my while to try to wear Kenzie out. She is one active child. Steven and I were just remarking the other day that we think she must be growing because she has been eating everything in the house. Our kid will never have a weight problem though if she keeps up this activity level. We try to go on a walk as often as possible. Daily is my goal, but sometimes it is just a bit too chilly to take Will out for too long or it is raining at the times that walking would work out for us. If we can't walk, I like to try to get Kenzie outside to play. She could play outside all day and never tire of it. If it isn't feasible to go out front, we usually hit up the back porch. Kenzie likes to blow bubbles, use her sidewalk chalk, or ride her car or scooter. We finally have our new monitors so I can go outside with Kenzie while Will naps sometimes. I like to take him out in the fresh air too, but sometimes that just doesn't pan out. Plus, it is nice to have a few minutes with Kenzie only. She likes the attention and it has been an interesting transition with her learning that she now shares us with Will.


Love being able to take walks on days like this

Kenzie was putting on a "show"

Having a "party" with some of her "guys"
We definitely don't spend all our time outside though. I sometimes wish we could. Less clean up. Inside we do a lot of different things but currently Kenzie's new favorite thing to do is color. She has always liked to color, but as of late she has been obsessed. She is getting better at coloring inside the lines. She always wants one of us to color with her. It is so cute. I will admit though... if we don't have certain things available for her to color (ahem... Mickey Mouse pages...) she sometimes gets upset. If we sit down and color with her though, she can be easily distracted from that fact.


My sous chef
Cuddle time during Kenzie's nap

We like to try to get out of the house too and actually go places. I have learned that going places with two little ones in tow is no easy task, but it can be done. We run errands during the week and I usually wear Will and let Kenzie either ride in a cart (if we are at a place that has them) or walk with me. That happens less often though because she is a touch-er. If we are in a store... she wants to touch everything! We also have a few things that we do every week like go to story time at the library. It is definitely one of Kenzie's favorite things to do each week. It is only a 15 minute program. We go to the toddler version right now but soon we might start staying for the baby program right after it. When Kenzie turns 3, we can move up to the preschool one. I can't believe my baby is almost old enough for that! Anyway, sometimes our library also has special programs. A few weeks ago we went to Kenzie's first "concert" and saw a group called The String Beans. She had a BLAST! She keeps asking to go to more concerts. So cute.


These kids are keeping us on our toes and keeping me busy all day. My goal each day is to get them to nap simultaneously. Will is really into 45 minute naps right now though (which is very similar to Kenzie at this age) so I only get long enough alone time to eat lunch. Needless to say, it is tiring. That being said, it is also great. I might be tired, but I am loving having the experience of watching these two grow up, being around to witness their "firsts" and watching them learn new things each day. I wouldn't trade this time for anything.  We have good and we have bad days, but every day is worth it. I know staying at home isn't everyone's choice but I love it. I also know there are others out there that would love the opportunity to do so. I know how lucky I am to be able to stay home and I don't want to take a single day for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...