Skip to main content

Dancing Through Life - Kenzie Dance Update Winter 2016


Kenzie officially closed out her Fall/Winter dance season last week and Steven and I have been talking a lot about the changes in her skills since she started dance back in February of this year.


It really is something to think that this little girl that couldn't even skip yet when she started (she galloped and it was quite funny) is now able to not only handle most dance moves you throw at her although some look a bit more clumsy, but she can also name a ton of them and do them for us anytime we ask. The same girl that could barely remember her recital dance in June did most of her Christmas dance without needing to look at her teachers.


She still loves every minute of it and we are so glad that she found something she is so interested in. She is constantly asking us if it is dance day or when dance day is coming around. She is sad that she won't have dance for a few weeks through the holidays. She is constantly showing us her dances and making up new ones that actually use real dance moves now instead of only spinning in circles and shaking her body around. She randomly will throw a releve into a dance before announcing that she is going to plie, tendu, or shuffle step. Note: I'm learning all sorts of new dance terminology too. Haha!


I wanted to make sure we documented this because I want to look back in a few years (whether she still dances or not) and be able to see the progress she made and how much she loved dancing.


Here is her Christmas dance from this year. I can't wait to see what the new year brings for her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...