Skip to main content

9 Years Later

I've mentioned that July is a crazy, busy month for us. Today, Steven and I are celebrating 9 years of marriage! I can't believe that it was 9 years ago that we stood in front of our friends and families as witnesses to our vows.


We have actually been together much longer than 9 years. We started dating all the way back in 2000 when I was still in high school and Steven was about to begin college. Who would have thought that a couple of  young kids that met through Steven's sister while working at McDonald's would be together 15 years later, celebrating 9 years of marriage?


We have definitely had our ups and downs through the last 9 (actually, 15) years, but we have a lot of love and respect for one another. We may fight at times but we always figure it out (eventually).

9 years later we are still going strong! Plus, without this marriage, these two adorable kids would have never happened. =)

This picture captures our kids' personalities perfect. Kenzie acting like a
diva and Will watching her with adoration. I can't imagine life without these two.

Also, because I want to make sure everyone doesn't think we believe life is
always roses around here... here is true life. Will screaming because I wouldn't
let him touch the board and then tried to stop him from crawling and Kenzie
refusing to look at me until she got her red dog toy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...