Skip to main content

14 Weeks... Welcome to the Second Trimester!



Baby’s Size: Lemon
How far along: 14 Weeks
Total weight gain: 2 lbs and I am still okay with that.
Sleep: Pretty good. I can’t complain at this point. We were out of town last week so it wasn’t as good being that we weren’t home and in our own comfy bed, but overall it has been pretty good.
Maternity Clothes: Finally broke out the maternity shirts. Just one at this point and mainly so that my stomach wouldn’t stick out. 
Food cravings: Nothing really. I’m pretty boring when it comes to this. I was last time too…   
Food aversions: Nothing other than those dumb burritos at this point.     
Symptoms I HAVE: I’m feeling pretty good. Still some random nausea and I still get tired some afternoons. Exhausted, actually. Other than that though, it’s pretty good.
Stretchmarks: Still no new ones. The old ones are really light. I did notice that my c-section scar has been really dark this past week. I have no idea why.
Doctor’s Appointment:  May 5th. Still waiting to hear on the Panorama. 
Movement: Yep! I had “quickening” this week. I remember it very clearly from Kenzie. Though I didn’t get it with her until closer to 18 weeks. I have heard it can be really early with subsequent pregnancies and that is definitely what it was based on feeling and location. Baby is still really low despite my uterus expanding and beginning to move out of my pelvis. Excited to get actual kicks and jabs soon. That was always one of my favorite things when pregnant with Kenzie.
Belly Button (In or Out): In.
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Gender: Should know if the Panorama worked soon and looking to schedule the gender reveal for late May.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy.
Best moment of the week: Meeting our niece, Evie. She is just precious. I loved snuggling her this weekend. Reminded me of newborn Kenzie. I can’t wait to have another snuggly baby in the house. Kenzie is NOT a snuggler at this point. Though she did want to snuggle some while I was holding Evie. If having a newborn gets me double snuggles, I am all for it. =)
What I’m looking forward to: Getting started on Gender Reveal party planning with Momma soon. 
What I miss: I really wanted a glass of wine this weekend at Easter dinner. Mom Y had a merlot and I soooo wanted some.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...