Skip to main content

A Year in Running

As 2017 is winding down, Steven and I have been talking about all the races we did and the training we did to get there and thought it would be fun to take a picture of all of our race shirts/medals. That led to us talking about how much we have run overall. And that led to us deciding to do a brief recap.

This year we ran quite a few races. All but one had shirts and most had medals. Here's how it all went down:

January - No Races

February - Run 4 Love 4 Mile


March - No Races

April - Iron Girl Clearwater 5k - Kristen Only
            IOA Corporate 5k - Steven Only
            RunDisney Star Wars 10k




July - Watermelon 5k


August - Celebration of Running 5k


September - Battle of the Bands 5k - Steven Only


October - U Can Finish 5 Mile


November - Turkey Trot - Steven Only


December - Reindeer Run


I did the Iron Girl alone (with my mom and sis-in-law) because it is women only. Steven did the Battle of the Bands alone because it was the week after Hurricane Irma and I had taken the kids to my parents' house because we were still without power. He ran the Turkey Trot alone because I had to prep Thanksgiving dinner that day.

With 2017 winding down, we are talking about our race schedule for the next year. This year we hope to return to the same races minus the Disney race but we plan to add a 5k in January and a 10k in March. I think it would be pretty cool if we could figure out how to do one race a month (minimum) but summer races are harder to come by in Florida so I don't know about finding a June one. We will look though. We have been considering running the Bridge of Lions 5k in St. Augustine in July but we would have to figure out the timing with people to watch the kids. I don't think strollers are allowed since it is over the bridge... but even if they are, I don't know that I would make it over it with the double stroller. Especially since it isn't actually a jogging stroller which makes the entire thing a bit more difficult. Regardless, it should be another fun year of running. And hopefully another year of trying to meet goals.

Here's our numbers on the year:
Steven:
     Miles Run - 205.84 (Biggest Month - January @31.36)
     Miles Walked - 278.46 (Biggest Month - January @34.89)

Kristen:
     Miles Run - 176.5 (Biggest Month - June @37.1 miles)
     Miles Walked - 60.27 (Biggest Month - May @17.34 miles)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...