Skip to main content

Fall Goal Setting


It's officially been fall for a few weeks now and I have realized that we are quickly coming to the end of the year. This is the time that most people reassess their New Year's goals from the beginning of the year and prep to make new ones. I'm not great at New Year's resolutions. The time span to meet those goals is way too long for me. I get bored. Haha! So, I have decided it's time to set some Fall goals. These goals are things I hope to achieve in the next few weeks as we approach the end of the year. I writing these down because I find that it helps me be more accountable when I put things out there. So, here are a few goals for the next couple of months.

1. Eat out for dinner no more than once a week (and maybe once for lunch each week.) This might sound silly to some people but I love to eat out. I think most of it is because I don't have to do any work. =) However, we have to not only watch our finances but also what we eat as eating out is typically not as healthy as what I can make at home. We have actually done this before and it lasted for quite a while but after a while, we found ourselves eating out two or three times each week and that adds up.

2. Make a running calendar/schedule and keep to it! Too often over the last few months I have said things like, "I don't feel like running tonight. I will go tomorrow." and then not gone... I'm going to make myself a calendar and put my run days on it a month at a time. This way, I am more accountable. We have few races over the next few months but I don't want to chance slacking off and regretting it by the time we come around to the Iron Girl 5k or the Star Wars 10k. My plan is to put the days on the calendar and even if I only run 1 mile on a run day because I'm not feeling well or something, I need to at least get out there.

3. Try one new crock pot meal each week. When I think of fall, I not only thing of changing leaves, cooler breezes, and more park time but also crock pots. When I worked full time, we used the crock pot more often, but we don't as much now that I'm home. However, as the kids get bigger and we spend more time outside of the house each day, I am finding that meal times can be rushed and I want to bring back the crock pot meals. My plan is to find a new one each week though because I'm a bit bored of some of our other options.

4. Hit up all 4 of the Disney parks post-Halloween to see the Christmas decorations and/or holiday events. I don't plan on doing the actual Christmas party, but there are some events that go on during non party nights and no one does holiday decorations quite like Disney. It's going to be a matter of time. Figuring out when time is available. We have a day tentatively planned to hit up one park with our neighbors so Steven and I are going to sit down and figure out how to fit in the other 3 before our blackout dates make a short reappearance on December 16 through the remainder of the year. Plus, I have to fit it all in partially in the midst of the Advent Activities starting back up in December. (This is why I am such a planner. We stay so busy that we require plans weeks in advance.)

5. Clean out the closets. Something about the idea of cooler weather and being able to open windows and doors to let in fresh air has sparked me to do some "fall cleaning". We have our normal closets but we also have a coat closet, linen closet, etc. that need some TLC. It's time to go through everything, reorganize it all, and look into what we can donate or get rid of at this point. Plus, I love organizing. I thrive on it. So, I'm thinking this will be a fun (yeah, I said fun) goal for me on a low key (as if we ever really have those) Saturday morning. Turn on some Gameday and get to organizing.

Bonus Goal - Clean out the garage. This one gets listed as a bonus because I can't do this alone and finding time for Steven and I to do this without the kids running around our feet is going to be interesting. We really need to go through everything out there though before we start bringing down Christmas decorations from the attic. I know Steven is reading this... I'm putting it out there. We have to do this!!! =)

Maybe it's just me but Fall seemed like the perfect time to set some goals. Anyone else feel that way? =)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...