Skip to main content

A Letter to Sleep

Dear 18 Month Sleep Regression,

I see you have decided your reservation time has arrived. Since you seem to think you need to be here for a while, I think we need to get a few things straight... I will make this list as short and sweet as possible since you probably have difficulty concentrating on it due to the lack of sleep you are causing in this house.

1. You are early. No one invited you this early. I would say you decided to check in about a month too soon. Way to not pay attention to the itinerary.

2. Your stay is not long-term. Please don't forget that. We are a house... not a motel. We don't offer free HBO and if you try to switch rooms, well, just don't.

3. If you think showing up at this point is okay because you spared us having to have your cousin, 9 Months, stay in our home just a few short months ago, you are wrong. It's not cool. Your cousin wasn't actually welcome here and neither are you. By the way, if you see your Uncle 4 Months, tell him he is my least favorite. He showed up twice. Once about 3 years ago and again about 2 years later. He is no friend of mine.

4. When you decide to make it a boys weekend and bring along your friend Wonder Week at the same time, I'm done. Party foul, dude.

5. If you think the crying as a protest before bed is going to break me, you are wrong. If you think that the screaming that occurs when we put on pjs because your gracious host thinks he is going to bed right that minute is going to be my downfall, you are sadly mistaken. I'm pretty good at ignoring it. I am strong-willed and I am not doing this with you. Bring it on...

Remember to check the drawers and closet before you leave because if you leave anything behind, I'm burning it.

Sincerely,
Momma, General Manager


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...