Skip to main content

17 Weeks Pregnant with Baby #2


Baby’s Size: Onion
How far along: 17 Weeks
Total weight gain: 3 lbs still. I have read that most average weight women should gain about a pound a week during the second trimester. I am slightly higher than average so I am fairly happy still hanging out with my 3 extra pounds. Some mornings I weigh 4 lbs more than my starting weight but on average, I am hanging out with this additional 3 lbs.   
Sleep: Good, with the exception of dealing with Kenzie. I have NO idea what we are going through right now but I think I have been up anywhere between 2 and 4 times a night for the past week. If she wasn’t such a good snuggler when she is tired, I would be unhappy with our new predicament but I am still loving the snuggles because they are so rare when she is wide awake. This past Sunday night was my favorite. It was Mother’s Day and I was hoping she would just sleep through the night. I wasn’t feeling that well and didn’t want to deal with it, but lo and behold, she was up around 10:30. I went in and picked her up. I just planned on holding her and putting her back down after a minute but she said “Mama, rock” and her voice was so sweet, I just had to. So, I sat down to rock her. She fell asleep almost immediately. I just sat holding her for about 10 minutes. Usually when she is that asleep I can lay her down and leave the room without her waking up. So, I laid her down and as I was leaving the room she said “Bye Mama” and blew me a kiss. My heart melted. I had to stand in the hallway and regain composure before going back to bed.
Maternity Clothes: Yep. Apparently these blogs have been noticed as well. For Mother’s Day my Momma took me shopping and bought me a new outfit complete with a pair of shorts. Then, Mom and Dad Y gave me a gift card for Destination Maternity and I was able to get another new outfit with a pair of shorts. I am pretty set now to last all summer barring no clothing malfunctions.
Food cravings: Nothing too much. Momma got me a strawberry cupcake for Mother’s Day so that satisfied my craving for strawberry cake. I should note that Steven did offer to make me one for Mother’s Day but I told him not to worry about it. He is so sweet to me. He also got me a coke icee and dill pickle chips for Mother’s Day. I swear by coke icees. I love dill pickle chips. I love that he knows me so well. =)     
Food aversions: Not too much.        
Symptoms I HAVE: I don’t think I have gotten sick at all this week. However, my heartburn is getting more regular. Ugh. I also had a pretty bad headache on Sunday night. I remember having similar issues with Kenzie.   
Stretchmarks: No new ones.
Doctor’s Appointment:  Next one is our 20 week ultrasound on June 2.     
Movement: Yep. The movement is changing too. Less butterfly-ish tickling feelings and more actual movement.  It is still random and sometimes I am still not sure if it is baby or just weird stomach things but it is getting more and more recognizable as a flipping baby.
Belly Button (In or Out): In.
Wedding Ring (On or Off): On.
Labor Signs: None.
Gender: Less than 3 weeks!
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy. Steven said moody but I feel pretty happy so I’m sticking with that.  
Best moment of the week: Mother’s Day was great. Well, the Saturday before was. We had dinner at the German restaurant with my parents, borther, and Steven’s parents. The actual day was… eh. Church was nice and I actually made it through a baby dedication without tearing up. Even with hormones. Then it went a bit downhill. Overall, it was still good but Kenzie had a bad day. First, she got confused coming out of the church nursery because there were a lot of people and she couldn’t see us. She just stood there like a deer in headlights. I felt so bad. That set up the remainder of her day. She fell in the driveway running to look at the “fowers” (flowers) and skinned both knees. Then she just had an iffy day until that evening when she was dancing and spinning. She ended up dizzy and sidestepped before falling into the tv stand and nearly giving herself a black eye. We upset her more with the ice on the side of her face than the fall. She is okay now and there was no black eye but that just summed up our day. I ended up taking a bubble bath after she went to sleep and finishing a book before bed. Then we had the sweet moment at 10:30 which made it all better. Ah. Life with a toddler.
What I’m looking forward to: Having a weekend of NOTHING. Maybe we will go swimming. Get the garage cleaned but other than that… nothing planned.  

What I miss: Not a whole lot at the moment. My wine craving has calmed some but I still find myself randomly thinking about having a glass. I never would, but you better believe I am having one soon after this baby is out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Young Summer of Fun - Bucket List Update (Week 12)

Honestly, I debated doing a weekly update for this week because we didn't actually check anything off the summer bucket list... but decided to go ahead and do it because we did do some fun stuff. Plus, there are only two more weeks of this (including this one) so anyone that is actually interested can read it if they want. =) This week was fairly low key. Steven was dealing with his shingles diagnosis so we didn't do anything too crazy because the main reason he likely came down with it was because he is so run down and stressed out. Kenzie had school all week. Well, except Monday but on Monday's, we dance. She did great at dance by the way! She goes to dance each week and then spends the next 6 days asking us if she has dance. We made her a calendar for the fridge that lists her activities and dance is on it. We cross off each day so she can count down to dance. Doesn't matter. She still asks. Wishful thinking, I guess. And she is still rocking school. She is doing...