Skip to main content

Finally!!

So, I have had a Canon Rebel XS since I graduated from grad school. That was what? In May 2009? So, almost 4 years now. Until recently I have always used the camera as mostly a point and shoot. I took a photography class in high school, but we are talking over 10 years ago at this point and I remembered very little. I have now decided to attempt to teach myself (with a bit of guidance from a friend) some of the basics just so that I am able to take better pictures now that Kenzie is a part of our life and hopefully I will continue to grow as our family does.

I still keep my handy dandy point and shoot on hand for quick shots or to just throw in her diaper back when we are going somewhere that I don't feel like lugging my bigger camera along to.

I just wanted to share a few of my favorite shots (so far) with everyone. (Also, the shot of Kenzie in the pink skirt from her monthly letter was also taken after I decided to nix the point and shoot option on my camera.)

Relaxing with Daddy after her bath

I'm in love with the face she is giving Daddy here, and the fact that it is so clear! I didn't realize how blurry my point and shoot shots were. Same camera, different function. Amazing!


Someone was jealous...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New State Parks, Beaches, Movies, and Friend Time

Another weekend has been put in the books for the Young Household. This weekend was actually a bit less crazy than some of our others, I think but still filled with fun and some new things. We started Friday afternoon when Steven was able to come home an hour or so early. We started getting ready for our big Saturday plans and then made pizza and sat down to watch a movie. We love this Friday tradition. We try to do it at least a couple times a month. We used to order pizza but when we started watching our finances closer, we determined that it was better for us to make pizza either homemade or frozen (and the kids like frozen pizza as much as pizza from a restaurant right now so we will continue to capitalize on that for a while... Will loves homemade but Kenzie is in a current anti-homemade stage because she is weird). Anyway, we made a frozen pizza and some cheesy bread. Then we sat down together to watch Inside Out. We picked it up at the library last week and never had a chance ...

Welcome to 4-and-a-half, Little Man!

Holy cow! Will is now officially closer to being five than four. I can't believe he will be a whole hand old in just a short 6 months. We like our half-birthdays around here. A very merry unbirthday to you! Anyway, in the interest of remembering to document what Will was like halfway to five, here we go! So, at 4-and-a-half, Will... ... is somewhere around 44.25 to 44.75 inches at this point. Measuring him at home is... interesting as he is a wiggler and very ticklish so the slightest touch and he collapses in giggles which makes measuring him difficult. Anytime I do it, I get between 44.25 and 44.75 so we are going to assume somewhere around there is right. Also, he rode Expedition Everest for the first time about a month or so ago and the height limit is 44". We had him measured against the height thingy and he was obviously tall enough. All that to say he is quite tall. If he is 44.5 (split the difference), then he is at about the 96th percentile. He weighs aroun...

The Doc is In!

Today we celebrated THREE with Kenzie! We had her official 3rd birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 3 until Thursday, but her birthday today with friends and family was a definite success. The most adorable Doc there is I admit, I'm a bit crazy. I start planning birthday parties months in advance. I have been planning Will's first for months already and his isn't for another 2 1/2 months. Anyway, Kenzie and I talked about it a few months ago and she elected to choose a Doc McStuffins themed birthday party this year. I will post another day about the decorations that I created for this party, but for now... a photo dump in honor of our little Doc turning 3. Our spread was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. Everything from "Stuffy's Dragon Tails" (fruit kabobs) to "Squeakers Fishy Friends" (goldfish) and "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doc Away" (applesauce packets and cups). Will spent most of his tim...